Friday, April 3, 2009

Itinerary for 4/4/09

Saturday morning I'll be heading out to explore the old growth scenery at Rockport State Park, just beyond the town of Concrete along Hwy 20. The park offers a number of trails on the north and south side of Hwy 20.

I've driven by the park time and time again... but have never taken the time to stop and check it out. Given my limited amount of time available and the increased avalanche danger everywhere else... it's either Rockport or the Chuckanuts. Since I made a number of trips into the Chuckanuts in 2008, this time Rockport is the obvious choice.

If it weren't for Le Mutt (that must be french, right?) I'd head down to do Mt. Si for the views and elevation gain, but that just isn't possible given the current circumstances.

Pics and a report will probably be posted on Monday or Tuesday... and then I'm hoping to hit a real trail this Wednesday for the first time in almost two months.

Also, as a side note (or a reminder to myself), Craig Romano will be at the Bham Public Library for a slide show on Tuesday evening as part of the Mt. Baker Club meeting. Craig has authored a number of local hiking books. It would be great if I could manage to attend that meeting.

Gotta go finish getting my gear together for tomorrow.

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment