Friday, May 7, 2010

Planned Itinerary for 5-8-10

I don't check the mailbox on our street very often just because there isn't usually anything in there that makes me smile.

Now, the mailbox on the summit of Mailbox Peak is a different story. Sure, it's a lot more effort to get there, but chances are the contents will make you smile. Well, maybe not, but at least it won't have any bills in it.

Saturday will probably start off with a second visit to Mailbox Peak to see how high I can go, comfortable. With the low snow levels (is it really May?) and my lack of familiarity with the trail above 2,500 feet means I may likely not go all the way up (again). We'll just have to see.

Regardless of how far up Mailbox I go, the plan is to meet Rachel & Steve in Enumclaw for an afternoon hike to Pinnacle Peak (aka the Carl Magnussen Trail). This is not the Pinnacle Peak south of Mt. Rainier... this is the 1,000 foot cinder cone just outside of Enumclaw.

So, elevation gain is the theme of the day. Pictures may not be all that fantastic, but its all to help make sure this body is ready to tackle the "bigger and better" destinations that have been on my to-do list for too many years.

Plus, Pinnacle Peak is 'new to me' which is another one of my objectives this year.

Hopefully a trip report will be coming in the next few days.

Happy Trails!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment