Friday, July 10, 2009

Itinerary update for July 11, 2009 Outing

Currently planning on venturing out to hike the Granite Mountain trail to the Lookout tower Saturday morning, located along I-90 between North Bend and Snoqualmie Pass. I didn't quite make the summit last fall, due to leg cramps.
From Big Rock Excursions


Depending on weather, time, stamina and energy I'm considering a hike to the Mount Pilchuck Lookout in the afternoon. Mt. Pilchuck is located just beyond Verlot, along the Mountain Loop Highway (outside of Granite Falls).

With the long daylight hours, nice weather and since it's 'almost' on my way home it would be nice to capture the views from the Lookout tower. Last time I was there it was a snow storm and views were limited to about 50 feet.


Two peaks & two lookouts on a sunny summer day? Sounds fantastic and I hope my body holds up for success.

Feel free to join me on either or both of these hikes... just give me a call.

Happy Trails!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment