Monday, July 13, 2009

Granite Mtn / Pilchuck quick summary

Wow!

What a day for spending in the mountains! It was fantastic!

All day long my legs and thighs have been reminding me just how much fun I had. Surely they'll keep reminding me tomorrow as well.

Here is a very short summary, and a video, with a full trip report to follow in a few days as I get the pictures cleaned up and posted.

Granite Mtn: Made it to the summit and back down in one piece. 8 miles and 3,800 feet of elevation gain. Gave some water to someone who had run out and was in need of it. Took the 'scramble' route... it was heart racing excitement!

Mt. Pilchuck: Arrived at about 4:15pm and everyone coming down the trail warned me about bugs. They were right. After about 1.6 miles and 1,200 feet of elevation gain the bugs had sucked all the fun out of the hike so I turned around to head home.

Total for the day: 11.2 miles round trip and 5,000 feet of elevation gained.

Here is the cheezy video I made that looks like it was made by an amateur stalker instead of an amateur hiker.
Laugh at the video if you want. I do.


The camera is being sent in to Canon this week for lens repair (and cleaning!).
The dark spot that always shows up in the upper-middle-left is some debris inside the lens. The dark spots that race across the screen are flying bugs.

Happy Trails!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment