Friday, October 10, 2008

Prelim Plans for Sunday 10/12/08

The plans for the upcoming dayhike continue to change. With kids. Without kids. Not hiking at all.

Wait a minute - the forecast shows sunny skies?

Definitely going hiking.

Not sure if I have any buddies for the day or not (adult or kids... ) but feel free to contact me if you're interested.

Would like to head someplace new (like Yellow Aster Butte) but with the recent snow activity and solo, they'll probably have to wait until next year. If that's what it boils down to, then I may get the pleasure of visiting Railroad Grade or Park Butte on the south side of Mount Baker which is always an awesome destination. It doesn't seem possible that my last trip there was more than two years ago!

If the sunset on Sunday is as colorful as what we saw tonight then it would be worth staying late up at Park Butte for some fantastic photo opps before racing the darkness back to the car.

Planning to depart Mount Vernon at about 8:30am on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment