Friday, November 13, 2009

Lame Itinerary for 11/14/09

The pros and cons of winter weather.

Early snow = early snowshoeing.
Lots of snow + Wind = Moderate to Considerable Avalanche risk.

Only hiking once a month = Never let your hall pass go to waste.

Going Solo = My friends were smart and scheduled indoor activities.

So, despite the conditions I'm braving the elements on Saturday to visit Snoqualmie Pass.

As of this moment, I'm planning on making a first visit to the Kendall Peak Lakes snowshoe route, located at the Gold Creek Sno-Park (exit 52 or 54, I-90).

Depending on the weather, route conditions, snowpack analysis and my comfort level I may decide to swing by the Lower Gold Creek trail (same area) or retreat to the west and check out the Zig Zag trail located just south of the Olallie State Park.

Then again, there's always Rattlesnake Ledge or Mt. Si (big sigh or little sigh) as standard backups to get the blood pumping.

Regardless, I'm just hoping for a good time with some nice pics to share and memories to cherish.

My plan is to be back in the car before sunset since I need to be back in town to attend a 4H awards ceremony by 7:00pm.

Happy Trails!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment