Thursday, March 12, 2009

Status Report

With the early arrival of Daylight Saving Time, I'm anxiously (albiet patiently) waiting for my doctor appointment on March 18th to get the green light on resuming my regularly scheduled activities.

This winter I've only been on snowshoes once... and haven't been on a trail since mid-January. It feels like the whole winter has slipped by with my gear screaming to be used.

With all this down time, I've come up with a pretty good list of hiking objectives that involve more elevation gain than most of my recent outings. So, once I get the 'all clear' I'm hoping to start a cardio training program so I can tackle my new hit list:
> 3 Fingers Lookout (new)
> Mt. St. Helens (repeat)
> Sourdough Mtn Lookout
> Hidden Lake Lookout
> Granite Mountain (still bummed about that one)

Tonight I've been working on my video summary of my 2008 outings. Unfortunately, a number of the slides need to be reworked, so it's not quite ready for posting. Plus, Microsoft Movie Maker just plain sucks... it keeps crashing (just like it does every year).

I've posted this before, but here is the video of my 2007 outings for your viewing pleasure.



Thanks for checking in with me... hopefully I'll be back on the trail in less than two weeks.

Happy Trails!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment