Friday, November 14, 2008

Itinerary update for 11/15/08

Opting to head southward to take advantage of a more favorable weather forecast.

I expect to spend my day on Granite Mountain, located at about Exit 47 off I-90. Here is a recent trip report from the Lykkens.
Depending on how much snow there is and the amount of light remaining when I return to the car, I may stop to check out Twin Falls State Park or a section of the John Wayne Trail crossing Change Creek as well.

Unfortunately, all my BFF's are otherwise engaged today (or maybe they are just smart and waiting for a better weather opportunity) so I'll be hiking solo.

It seems that my GPS unit finally gave up the ghost during my last outing, so, Santa, if you're reading this you should read up on the Garmin 60CSx. In the meantime, I'll continue to carry a map & compass (and hopefully not have to use them).

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment